I had the pleasure of getting to know a very talented vendor this past week! Please take a look at Onitiva, the Etsy Shop, and check out their beautiful handcrafted wall shelves that are both streamlined and functional!
Tell us a bit about yourself.
1. Hi, I’m Susan, an optimistic girl. I like designing and creating things. When I was a little girl, I was always with my grandma who was a kind person and could make many things. My grandma influenced me a lot in my life. I love my grandma. I love making handicrafts.
I have two good friends who also feel crazy about creating things, one is Lou, the other is Squall. We knew each other when we were children. They’re really fun guys. We’re also good partners. We make designs and handicrafts together. We sell our handicrafts on Etsy, our shop’s name is “Onitiva”, it sounds like a Japanese name, a very cool name, isn’t it?
Apart from creating things, what do you do?
2. Apart from creating things, I like to read books about designing. I also like to find the creative resources through music. When I’m not so busy, I like doing gardening and cooking.
What’s the most important question a customer/client should ask you when considering purchasing from you?
3. The customers could ask me many things about my handicrafts and I’m glad to help them. I think, they may ask me about the material, size, color, function, usage of the handicraft, which is the most important. When they know more about the handicraft, they could make a perfect purchasing selection more easily. And my “Onitiva” handicrafts won’t disappoint them.
What the most memorable custom order you’ve created?
4. I’m really sorry that currently I don’t take customized orders. My partners and I enjoy creating what we design and create. When customers purchase from me, I will take every process seriously. For me, every order is important and memorable.
What would be the title of your memoir and why?
5. “Susan & Creativity”. Because I love creativity and enjoy the fun of creating things.
Where does your inspiration come from?
6. My inspiration comes from many things, such as, nature, music, life, etc. Many things may inspire me.
What does handmade mean to you?
7. It means to me that I could create beautiful and functional things.
Who has been the most influential person for your business?
8. My grandma is the most influential person for me and for my business. I would not feel crazy about handicraft without her.
How would you describe your creative process?
9. For me, the creative process is fun. I feel happy when I finish making a handicraft. It feels like being closer to my dream.
If you could peek inside the studio of any artist, design or craftsman (dead or alive), who would it be?
10. Van Gogh. I want to see Van Gogh create arts. I like his paints.
What handmade possession do you most cherish?
11. Brushing the glue water. It’s a very important process, or the overall effect will not be so good.
How do you get out of your creative ruts?
12. Reading and communicating with others are good ways to get out of the creative ruts. It can broaden my horizon. In my opinion, thinking is important as well.
Where would you like to be in ten years?
13. I hope more and more people know about my handicrafts and like them. Then my business will grow.